DATA WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT OUR WEBSITE
When you access to our website, we automatically collect and store some of your data in our server logs and in cookies, which are small text files that a web server stores in browser software. A browser sends cookies to a server when the browser makes a connection to the server
This data does not allow us to directly identify you, but it does record data related to your browsing history on our website. This includes the pages you accessed; the date and time of your request and referral URL; the date and time at which you accessed them; your search queries within the site; and information about the device you used such as its hardware model, operation system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language.
You are not required to provide your data if you only want to visit our website. You may refuse to accept cookies by configuring your web browser accordingly (for more information, refer to the ‘help’ section of your web browser). That said, refusing cookies is likely to disrupt your navigation on our website, and may prevent you from accessing certain pages or services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU SIGN UP OR WHEN YOU ORDER PRODUCTS
This section applies to all information collected or submitted on the Websites (eyestar.ca, eyestaroptical.com). The following are types of personal information we may collect from you when you use our Website:
- Identification Information: Including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, prescription information.
- Financial Information: your payment details, such as method of payment and payment type. Note: your payment details are securely processed through PayPal and not stored in any of our servers.
- IT Information: including the pages you accessed; the date and time of your request and referral URL; the date and time at which you accessed them; your search queries within the site; and information about the device you used such as its hardware model, operation system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language.
- Identification Information: Including, but not limited to, recipient’s name, address, email address, phone number, prescription information.
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the personal information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. This personally identifiying information will not be shared with outside parties, unless it is necessary to complete your order.
WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION TO DO THE FOLLOWING TASKS:
- Identification Information:
- To enable us to fulfill our obligations arising from contracts entered between you and us.
- To notify you of any change(s) made to your order or contracts entered between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us. You may opt out of our email mailing list any time you wish.
- Financial Information:
- To process orders, returns, or replacement orders.
- IT Information:
- To ensure our website and content can be presented to you in the best way possible.
- To track various analytics that will enable us to provide a more efficient service.
If you're an existing customer we may contact you by email or phone, if necessary to complete your order. If you're contacting us via email regarding a query, we will not use the information you provide for any other purposes than to respond to your support request. All personal information provided to us is kept on our secure servers and can only be accessed by Eyestar Optical.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- Identification Information: 7 years
- Financial Information (if applied): 10 years
- IT Information: 7 years
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE SHARE?
We inform you that we may share your information with companies outside of Eyestar Optical. Below lists what information may be shared with other entities:
- Identification Information: None
- Financial Information: None
- IT Information: Non-personally identifying information including the pages you accessed; the date and time of your request and referral URL; the date and time at which you accessed them; your search queries within the site; and information about the device you used such as its hardware model, operation system version, unique device identifier, Internet protocol address, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language. This information may be shared from time to time with Google and Facebook for analytic purposes only, to track various analytics that will enable us to provide a more efficient service. No other personally identifiable information is shared with third party companies or applications.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have placed appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Under applicable data protection laws and regulations, you have the following rights:
- Of access to, rectification of, and/or erasure of your personal data.
- To restrict or object to its processing.
- To tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing information.
- To the extent our processing of your personal data is based upon your consent, to withdraw your consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
If you do not feel satisfied following this interaction, you may also lodge a complaint about our processing of your Personal Data with a Data Protection Authority.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we may send you an email. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications, particularly as they are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by logging into your account by clicking the Account link at the top of the site. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
OPTING OUT OF OUR MAILING LIST
To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link on our marketing email and you will be opted out of our marketing communications. We will continue to send you order and support related emails when required.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you (i) allow us to share your data strictly with companies within the Eyestar Optical Group of Companies and (ii) give your express, specific and informed consent to receive emails of promotional materials concerning optical products and glasses from these companies. Your data will not be shared with any third party company. Each email sent to you by the Eyestar Optical Group of Companies will include an 'unsubscribe' link.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
REMOVING DISPLAY/ADVERTISEMENTS FROM YOUR DEVICE
Their site will scan your computer/device for any 3rd party display or advertisements. A list of any 3rd party ads will then be populated and from there you can select the check boxes next to the ads that you would like to remove. This ensures that advertisements will not come back to your computer/device as it is not registered to receive them. Note, the NAI website is not associated with Eyestar Optical Group.
Manually access the cache and cookies of your browser and clear them. You will need to clear all to remove all 3rd party display advertisements.
- How to clear cookies and cache in Firefox
- How to clear cookies and cache in Chrome
- How to clear cookies and cache in Internet Explorer
Updated: November 30, 2018